Short Film



 Musical Connection-

For our short film Musical Connection we chose Thomas Barnes script. The concept behind our short film is that this boy is feeling lost because his dad died earlier that day and he finds comfort in his ability to play musical to the rain. Our process for pre-production was a lot of working together. To begin we worked out kinks like where we would film, who our actors would be, what equipment we would be using, when we would film and how we wanted to express our story. I worked on the call list and what times we would film what and where. During the actual production I took on the role of UPM and basically was the directors main helper. I kept us on track and following schedule. Another role I picked up was assistant camera, by doing so it made getting more shots easier. For post- production we worked on giving feedback to the editor and listening/finding music that would fit well in our short film. Overall my main role was UPM. I learned that it is better to give yourself more time then you think to execute things and that being a UPM means being organized. I learned that UPM is a position I am comfortable in. I also learned that hardships are okay and you just have to work past them and find ways around them. Technically I was challenged by giving the task of using the camera which was something I had previously not had much experience with. My team worked together very well, where I lacked technically someone else was there doing the job. For example, I'm not good with sound but Amanda is and I'm not good at writing music by Thomas is. What made our production flow so well was the amount of communication we had with each other. When Brady told someone to do something it was done in a fast manner. Brady and I took leadership roles because I would lead the team into what needed to be done and Brady would show how it needed to be done. I feel like our project could've used more project management because we fell behind a few times. If I were to do this project again I would have allowed more time for the actual production because everything felt rushed and/or we had to cut somethings out. I would not have changed my team or my role because it pulled our project together like glue. I will draw from this experience the way my team collaborated and make sure to be a good team member in further projects. Overall I feel like our short film came together really nicely and I love the end product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobbies Project

Animation; A man, A corn-dog, And A loss.

6 shot sequence