Explore A/V Semester Reflection

During the 1st semester of my sophomore year in video, my classmates and i learned did multiple projects. We started the year with an easier project to get us back into the swing of things by doing a video of a simple school procedure. https://youtu.be/mhJxkTW6w_U Jake and i did our video over the proper way to go to and use the new water fountains in our school.
The video itself was a short video but betrayed a procedure. I feel like Jake and i did a good job on that one. The next thing we did was got together with a new partner and did the audio for a story. https://youtu.be/gRUxJZFZ4mo I did mine over Evan's summer trip to florida and that project was a bit easier because we didn't have to have b-roll. I feel like i did a good job with tying the story together through voice overs. The next project was the same idea as the audio story but pulled in j/l edits and b-roll. I did my story over Drew playing the piano.
 I feel like some clips were fast but otherwise i feel like that was really good story. I think i did good with that story. The next project was the blood drive and we filmed it as a live event. I didn't get to film that because i was giving blood but i took what i was given and made a story out of it. I think i did a pretty good job but the audio levels may have been a bit off. The most recent project we've done is the onw now project. Chelsea and i did a video over finals, but we haven't done the actual filming of the whole thing because we are doing ours tomorrow but i feel like it will go well because we are prepared. I feel like the only major major issue i faced throughout the whole project was not having enough B-roll. I feel like i made it work with what i had but i feel like next time I'm filming B-roll ill be sure to film way more. This semester the major things i learned were j/l edits are, how to detach audio and make it play through both ears then collapse it, and how to hold a camera without a tripod. I also learned how to better work with others to make a better end project, and how to take charge and lead a group. I learned that I'm good with project management. Next semester i hope that i will improve on my overall end products. Im really excited to begin entertainment. Overall this semester was a great one and i learned a lot from my teachers and classmates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobbies Project

Animation; A man, A corn-dog, And A loss.

6 shot sequence