e9 final project

Over the course of my freshman year I've learned a lot during my first hour, e-communications. I learned that graphic design affects everyday life a lot more then you'd expect. Graphic are everywhere you look. They're made to help sell a product. Graphics are on buildings and in magazines. When graphic designs are done well they can make you buy something you wouldn't otherwise. In animation I learned how to make a figure online and make a moving/ 3-d image. In video i learned that you can't just film things and piece them together. There is a lot more thought process behind everything. In web I learned that you can't just piece a website together you have to code everything.


Our product is the scented socks. Scented socks make you feet have wonderful scents. They come in multiple smells. They smell for the wonderful price of 24.99$. They come in every color you can think of. They're extremely useful in everyday life.

Here is a few of the things that i worked on this quarter during 1st hour.

May 20- Final blog...

What was the scope of this project?
The scope of this project was to show what we learned throughout our e9 class and to do this line of work in a team setting. Our teachers put us into groups of four with people who had traits that would benefit fit us and make up for our weaknesses . My group was Cyle, Conlin, Emily, and me. Overall we were given the assignment to make a product and sell it to our classmates through graphic design, video, web design, and animation.

Process?
My team and i were in animation when we started. Our first step was to think of ideas that would benefit no only ourselves but everyone in general on a bigger scale. We began to think about different things that had to do with the human health and happy mind theme. We wrote ideas onto a big white piece of paper. We came up with multiple ideas but scented shoes really stuck out to us. one because it was a new idea and no one had thought of it and two scented shoes seemed like a cool product that could grab the attention of many age groups. From there we went to the virtual drawing boards. We all began to work with Sketch-up by making socks. After we finished our socks we got together and choose which one was the best. Emily's was the teams favorite. After that was decided Emily keep working to improve the visual and Conlin, Cyle, and I split up the remaining things we needed to get down in animation. We decided that Conlin would work on the box, Cyle would work on the type, and i started to work on the setting and scene. We worked hard on our roles and kept at it until our product was at it'd peak. From time to time we would have struggles with staying on task but together we kept our focus. From animation we moved to graphic design. We focused on the different things we had to get done. Each of my team member and myself made a logo and we did the same thing we did in animation. We ended up picking my logo. From there i improved our logo and the started on the ad, coupon, and website. While making each product we all brought our own taste to it. Emily personality made it so everything she made was fun and bubbly. Mine brought a serious tone to our team. Cyle and Conlin had a very different type of style. Our final step was to make a video. We thought about what type of commercial would grab the viewers attention in the best way so we decided to have a battle and show how the sock makes everything better. We sketched out a story board. Then we filmed. After filming our next step was editing. We all edited a video and ended up using mine. Conlin during our last two classes worked on the website. We got together before our presentation and decided who would do what during it. We assigned Conlin to run the website because he worked with it the best. Then we had our presentation. We had a few bad things happen with the website but we continued our pitch.
That was the last time we worked as a team and now I'm here in this ecomm class writing. Thats the whole process up till now.

What did i learn?
During this project i learned a lot about what it means to work with a team and what its like to do a big project and have a dead line. I learned that if this is the profession i want to go into I'm going to have to learn more trust and be more hard with my work to make it the best it can be. I learned that i really like the video strand and i learned that the graphic design strand might be something I'm interested in. While doing this project i began to really look at all the graphics in the world. I learned that i can't throw together a project and hope for the best. i learned how to organize and set time limits for myself and my team.

Technically-  
We worked with the following programs-
-Sketch-up
-Dreamweaver
-Photo shop
-Final cut pro
Each site is very different and has different tips on how to use it the best way possible. My favorite program would have to be Final cut pro. We had a few issues with Dreamweaver but in this program we need to learn to make the best of the programs we are provided.

Professional-
While doing this project we learned a lot about how to work in a team and maintain a professional image. It was kinda like working in the real world and it gave us experience. I really enjoyed this project. It gave us a professional feel. In this project we had to collaborate on ideas.

If i was to do this project again i would...
Trust my team members more and work harder on the final product.  I would've made sure everything was at least 110%. I would've worked more with my team and had more group meetings 

Overall i thought my product ended up very well and I'm glad i got to work with some wonderful people.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobbies Project

Animation; A man, A corn-dog, And A loss.

6 shot sequence